Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Can't Block My Love (Hockey Gods #1) by Xavier Neal Review

Can't Block My Love (Hockey Gods, #1)Can't Block My Love by Xavier Neal
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Xavier Neal has a game-winner with Can't Block My Love (Hockey Gods #1). Vlasta Vipers hockey goalie, Remington Ronald Rutledge the 3rd (Ren) gets in trouble with his new hockey coach and is forced to do community service if he wants to stay on the team. He tries to bully the pet shelter volunteer coordinator, Poppy Diesel, not recognizing her as his childhood friend. The two strike a bargain, while their friendship rekindles. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult readers. The story takes place in Vlasta, Wisconsin.

Can't Block My Love is a thought-provoking and entertaining read. Xavier Neal does a fantastic job showing the transformation of Ren’s character. Remington Ronald Rutledge the 3rd is a jerk. That’s not really how I would describe him, but I want to keep my review clean. As he hangs out with Poppy, he transforms into a better person. He starts to act like the man he wants to be and not the person his father raised him to be. Poppy is a sweet heroine. She is abandonment issues, is introverted, and loves animals. The two are perfect for each other. They challenge each other, causing them to develop into happier people.

I enjoyed the plot. There were a lot of fascinating things that happened in the novel. Poppy and Ren have relevant challenges to overcome. The team dynamics were interesting. I like how Coach Stiles handled the athletes. Being an animal lover, I appreciated Poppy’s loyalty to the dogs and shelter. This is the first book that I have read by Xavier Neal. I really enjoyed it and plan and following this series. I recommend this book to people who enjoy sports romances. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader's copy of this book.

View all my reviews 1st edition
Expected publication: October 24th 2019
Edition Language: English
Series: Hockey Gods #1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...