Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Rumors & Roughing (Slapshot #5) by Heather C. Myers Review

Rumors & Roughing (Slapshot #5)Rumors & Roughing by Heather C. Myers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Heather C. Myers scores with RUMORS & ROUGHING (Slapshot #5). Alec Schumacher is accused of rape. He doesn’t want to use his girlfriend Gulls Girl Madison Montgomery as his alibi for fear she would lose her job. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult audiences. It takes place in Newport Beach California.

Let me start out by saying it really drove me nuts that Madison didn’t say anything when the police came to question Alec at the start of the story. I realize that if she said something, the premise of the book would be irrelevant, but it took me a while to get over it. I think if she wasn’t there when they came to question Alec, I would have felt different. After I got over that, the story was good. There was a lot going on with Madison’s family that made the novel interesting.

Alec is a good guy. I love that he wanted to protect Madison. He didn’t want her to lose her job or tarnish her reputation. I like that Madison stood up for herself when it came to her parents. I also appreciate that she wanted to protect her sister. I value that Seraphina supports her employees. She would be a great person to work for.

The rape aspect of the story was well executed. I think it is unfortunate when people are wrongfully accused of rape. Not only does it tarnish an innocent person’s reputation, but it makes people question those that are truly victimized because of those who have lied.

RUMORS & ROUGHING is a wonderful addition to the Slapshot series. I recommend this story to people who enjoy sports romances. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 144 pages
Published October 27th 2017
ASIN: B0753C95CW
Series: Slapshot #5

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...