Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Wild Zone (Rough Riders Hockey #4) by Skye Jordan Review

Wild Zone (Rough Riders Hockey #4)Wild Zone by Skye Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Skye Jordan is on a four-game winning streak with WILD ZONE, the fourth book in the Rough Riders Hockey series. Tate Donovan has not been interested in dating since his divorce. That is until he meets the most intriguing woman, Olivia Essex, at his friend’s engagement a party. Too bad she lives in Paris and will only be around for three weeks. This story takes place in Washington, DC. It is appropriate for new adult and adult audiences.

I was a little disappointed in Tate in book 3, Dirty Score. I must say, I absolutely fell in love with him in WILD ZONE. He is an amazing guy. His ex-wife, Lisa, was an idiot for cheating on him. Lisa did a number on Tate. My heart broke for him. However, all things happen for a reason, and he is much better off with Olivia. Tate is incredible with the kids at his hockey camp. He has an amazing family and friends. I love how he defends Olivia to her family. I like his values.

Olivia is a fun character. She is intelligent and a talented chief. She is adventurous and wants to live life to the fullest. She tells it how it is. She isn’t star-struck by people. She left home ten years prior, after being lied to by her family, causing her to have some trust issues. She has matters she needs to resolve with her twin and her mother, who she truly cares about and loves despite the things that happened during the past. She will do anything for the people she loves.

I enjoyed how Tate and Livvy met. I appreciate how they make each other happy. I love that Olivia and Tate both support each other in everything they do. They each grow and become happier for it.

Olivia’s twin, Quinn, rubbed my wrong a few times. I was disappointed in how she treated and talked about her sister. I like how her character evolves throughout the story. I wouldn’t mind seeing her get involved with one of the guys from the team in a future book.

I could not put WILD ZONE down. I ended up with a book hangover from lack of sleep, but it was well worth it. WILD ZONE is heartfelt with many interesting twists. It has a great ending. I have been continually impressed by Skye Jordan’s Rough Riders Hockey series. It is well written. The hockey scenes are exciting and believable. The plot is meaningful and full of emotion. I am so glad that I discovered this series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: December 5th 2016

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...