Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, September 1, 2023

Flirtation or Faceoff (Hooked on a Feeling #2) by Leah Brunner Review

Flirtation or Faceoff (D.C. Eagles Hockey #2)Flirtation or Faceoff by Leah Brunner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Leah Brunner scores with FLIRTATION OR FACEOFF (Hooked on a Feeling #2). In this story, hockey star Colby Knight believed in love at first sight, the moment, he met Dr. Noel Woodcock. Unfortunately, Noel swore off athletes after her heart was broken by her ex.

Noel is the best friend of Melanie Taylor from PASSION OR PENALTY. Melanie is the fiancé of Weston Kershaw. West and Colby are friends and teammates on the D.C. Eagles; as a result of their ties to Mel and West, Noel and Colby frequently bump into one another.

I enjoyed the duel POV in this story. Noel is a professor at Arlington University. She has negatively stereotyped athletes due to her past relationships. She has a crush on fellow Professor Dexter Hawthorne. She talks Colby into giving her dating lessons. I love Noel’s grandmother. She had me continually laughing.

Colby is a fan favorite, especially among the women. He is a good guy. I love how he is with his little sister. He does a lot of swoons worthy things throughout this story. Noel is completely oblivious that he is attracted to her.

This story has interesting situations. There were some good hockey passages. It was a fun read. This is the first book that I have read by Leah Brunner. I plan on picking up some of her other books. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

296 pages, Kindle Edition
Expected publication September 1, 2023

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...