Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, February 24, 2023

The Owner (Dalvegan Dragons #1) by Xavier Neal Review

The Owner (Dalvegan Dragons #1)The Owner by Xavier Neal
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Xavier Neal starts out strong with the first book in the Dalvegan Dragons series, THE OWNER. In this story, NHL Dalvegan Dragons’ new team owner Harlow Hennington, wakes up married in Las Vegas to a much younger, Brendan “Brick” Brickley. To top it off, she ends up getting pregnant. Being a new team owner whose female, she has a lot to prove. So does Brick, who wants to stay married.

Xavier Neal does a great job with this novel. It had me laughing – a lot, which is a definite plus. The characters were down to earth and entertaining. The constant hockey analogies were amusing. I enjoyed the behind-the-scenes aspect of running a hockey franchise. The team had realistic obstacles that were thought-provoking. I would recommend this book to any hockey lover.

THE OWNER sets an excellent foundation for the Dalvegan Dragons series. I am looking forward to reading Igor “Eeyore” Alexeyev story next, THE VETERAN. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.


View all my reviews

Genres: Sports Romance
Published January 1, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...