Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5) by Faith Hunter Review

Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)Spells for the Dead by Faith Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Faith Hunter’s SPELLS FOR THE DEAD (Soulwood #5) is enthralling. In this story, rookie PsyLed agent, Nell Ingram and her team investigate the murder of a Tennessee country music star where death magic took place.

SPELLS FOR THE DEAD is a thrilling addition to the Soulwood series. It is told from Nell’s point of view. The plot was captivating and unexpected. The story highlights law enforcement politics, death magic, and prejudices. SPELLS FOR THE DEAD was interesting and complex.

I appreciate how Nell’s character has grown throughout the series. I like that she analyses her reactions to things and tries to grow from her experiences. I enjoyed discovering more about FireWind (Jane Yellowrock’s brother). I like that Nell does not back down from him, even though he is intimidating.

I recommend SPELLS FOR THE DEAD (Soulwood #5) to people who enjoy paranormal crime stories. Followers of Faith Hunter will not be disappointed. I believe you would be able to follow this book as a standalone, but I recommend reading the other books in the series first to understanding Nell’s growth. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Expected publication: July 28th 2020 by Ace
ASIN: B07ZY9427S
Edition LanguageEnglish
Series: Soulwood #5

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...