Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Unsportsmanlike Conduct (Rules of the Game #4) by Emma Tharp Review

Unsportsmanlike Conduct : An Older Woman Younger Man Romance (Rules of the Game Book 4)Unsportsmanlike Conduct : An Older Woman Younger Man Romance by Emma Tharp
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Emma Tharp lights the lamp with UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT, the fourth book in the Rules of the Game series. Professional hockey player Wes Jacobsen is heartbroken after country music star Lydia Crow breaks things off with him due to their age difference. However, he could not care less how old she is. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult readers.

I liked the age difference aspect of the story. Lydia is nineteen years older than Wes. People have made comments to her about being old enough to be his mom. I could understand how that would deter her. I’m three years older than my husband. When I think, he was in grade school, when I was in high school, that’s a bit creepy. However, we met in our mid-twenties. After a certain age, I feel age is irrelevant. It’s about compatibility and how you make each other feel.

Wes appreciates Lydia for who she is. He likes who he has become with her. Lydia is widowed. She dated since her husband’s death, but nobody made her feel something until Wes. I like that Wes challenged Lydia and asked for a second chance. The couple also have some interesting obstacles with their careers; especially Lydia with her business manager.

UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT is a skillfully-written and entertaining read. I recommend it to people that enjoy age gap and/or second chance romances. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 44 pages
Published April 30th 2019
ASIN: B07PZJX1G1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...