Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, March 18, 2019

You're the One (Reckoning on Ice #1) by Lia Jordan Review

You're the One (Reckoning on Ice #1)You're the One by Lia Jordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lia Jordan wins with YOU’RE THE ONE, the first book in the Reckoning on Ice series. On the anniversary of Trevor Cole’s sister’s murder, he meets Lauren Moore, who may be the one person to help him heal. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

Lia Jordan does a wonderful job with her character development. I like Trevor’s character. The death of his sister Amanda broke him. Top that with a failed marriage. Lauren makes him happy. She brings the best out of him. Lauren is a strong heroine. She is a great single mother to Chloe. She has had a difficult life. I appreciated that she always makes Chloe a priority. Mia Summers is a great friend to Lauren. I like how she looks out for Lauren and Chloe.

My biggest issue in this story is that Trevor played center and then switches to goalie after his divorce. That is not very realistic. Goalie is a very specialized position that players performed for most of their careers. If it was high school and a player wanted to play out, I would say sure, it could happen. It just doesn’t seem feasible for this timeframe at the NHL level.

I enjoyed Lia Jordan’s writing style. The plot was skillfully executed. She did an amazing job of intertwining all the details of the story together. Everything in the story is relevant. I’m looking forward to continuing following this series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 208 pages
ISBN: 139781950510009
Edition Language: English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...