Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Play to Win (Wynn Hockey #1) by Kelly Jamieson Review

Play to Win (Wynn Hockey, #1)Play to Win by Kelly Jamieson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kelly Jamieson has a breakout with PLAY TO WIN, the first book in the Wyn Hockey series. Needing to prove himself to his family, Théo Wynn accepts the position of general manager of the NHL team, the Los Angeles Condors. He enlists the help of Lacey Olson to get her out of Las Vegas. The two decide to get married to help with his plan. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

Kelly Jamieson does an amazing job laying the foundation to the Wynn series. The Wynn family is very complicated. Jamieson does a fantastic job of explaining the history and dynamics of the family. Both Théo and Lacey have been betrayed by their brothers. I love that they meet each other and help one another with their issues.

Théo is a likable hero. His NHL career was cut short due to an injury. He pursues a job in NHL management. I felt horrible for him and what happened with his previous relationship. It is understandable why he enlists Lacey’s help. Lacey is a sweet heroine. Her brother is a gambling addict who abused their relationship. The two are good for one another. I appreciated that Lacey helps Théo relax and enjoy himself, instead of analyzing everything.

I am a huge fan of Kelly Jamieson. I enjoy her writing style. PLAY TO WIN is an amazing start to the Wynn series. I like how it ties into the Aces Hockey series. There is a lot of interesting drama with the Wynn family. I’m looking forward to the rest of this series to find out how everything unfolds. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 248 pages
Expected publication: March 19th 2019 by Loveswept
ASIN: B07DZKDBKX
Series: Wynn Hockey #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...