Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, March 8, 2019

Goal on the Rebound (Rules of the Game Book 3) by Emma Tharp Review

Goal on the Rebound: A Fake Boyfriend Hockey Romance by Emma Tharp
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Emma Tharp hits it in the net with GOAL ON THE REBOUND. NHL goalie for the Nashville Wolverines, Ted Anderson, helps Brianne Jacobson by pretending to be her fake boyfriend. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I like the plot. Bri just received her real estate license and started a new job. Her boss makes her uncomfortable by coming on to her; Therefore, Bri asks Teddy to be her fake boyfriend. The two have great chemistry, and like each other so it is not hard to pull off.

I like the characters. Bri is divorced and has some trust issues. She’s a hard worker. Teddy is protective and a nice guy. He has a hard time with commitments. A couple of times I felt like the characters were overreacting. I would have liked the book to be a little longer. I want to hear more of their story. I’m hoping more will be written about Teddy and Bri in book four.

This is the first book that I have read by Emma Tharp. I am interested in reading more of her work after reading this story. GOAL ON THE REBOUND is the third book in the Rules of the Game series. The description said it could be read as a standalone. I had no problem following the story. I got the impression that Bri and Teddy made appearances in a previous book. I have a feeling I would have been more invested in the characters if I read book one, SCORING CHANCE. That is Cora and Derek’s story. They had a significant role in this book, and I would like to hear their story. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 48 pages
Expected publication: March 27th 2019
ASIN: B07P4LKX1Z

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...