Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, March 22, 2019

Date with a Devil (Dallas Devils #1) by June Winters Review

Date with a Devil: A Hockey Romance (Dallas Devils Book 1)Date with a Devil: A Hockey Romance by June Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

June Winters is on fire with DATE WITH A DEVIL the first book in the Dallas Devils series. Team captain, Dane DeHardt, agrees to be interviewed by Austen Marlowe on her show Date with a Devil in hopes of uncovering a scandal. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I really enjoyed this story. DATE WITH A DEVIL was original and had a lot of depth. I loved the characters. Dane is a loyal captain and friend. He is hated by the media. I like that he doesn’t want to run away from the problems with the team. Austen is a sweet heroine. She is idealistic. I like that she came up with the concept of “Date With A Devil.” Dane and Austen have great chemistry. I love their banter. I enjoyed that they initially judge each other incorrectly and then get to know one another.

June Winters has a wonderful writing style. She does a great job with all the details of the story. The scandal with Ryan Campbell and Jack Hathaway was an interesting aspect of the novel. Austen’s boss, Thayer Bray, made a great antagonist. That guy is slimy. DATE WITH A DEVIL was entertaining from start to finish. I’m looking forward to Jack Hathaway story in book two, SPEAK OF THE DEVIL. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 258 pages
Published March 19th 2019
ASIN: B07PYGS8MT

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...