Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, November 26, 2018

The Last Valkyrie by Karina Espinosa Review

The Last ValkyrieThe Last Valkyrie by Karina Espinosa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Karina Espinosa’s THE LAST VALKYRIE is a work of creative genius. Raven Romero is the last Valkyrie on Midgard (Earth). Someone who knows what she is, is trying to frame her for a murder. This Urban Fantasy takes place in Portland, Oregon.

THE LAST VALKYRIE is an exciting and original read. The story is full of action and mystery. I enjoy contemporary books that are based on mythology. Karina Espinosa does a great job melding the old and the new.

I like the characters. Raven is far from perfect. She was once a skilled warrior who has now, for the most part, hit rock bottom. She is hardened and tough. She is a complex character that makes an intriguing heroine. Charlotte O’Malley (Charlie) is an engaging ally to Raven. I like how they befriend each other. Fen Wolff is mysterious. You are never entirely sure about him. The characters are dimensional and well developed.

I enjoy Karina Espinosa’s writing style. I was engaged throughout the story. I am looking forward to the next book in this series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Published August 3rd 2018


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...