Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Skating Through by Jennifer Cosgrove Review

Skating ThroughSkating Through by Jennifer Cosgrove
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jennifer Cosgrove’s SKATING THROUGH is heartfelt and inspiring. I loved this novel. Ben Lewis is captain of his high school hockey team. Knowing how difficult the locker room can be, he has kept the fact that he is gay a secret. Several things take place that make Ben question if he should come out of the closet. He is tired of hiding who he is.

I love Ben. My heart broke for his emotional struggles. He is a great guy and friend. He is an excellent hockey player, getting a hockey scholarship to Boston University. He is a good captain. He is understandably afraid that if he comes out he will have to give up the sport he loves.

I adore Ben’s best friend; Ryan I appreciate that he looks out for him and accepts him for who he is. I love that Ben had him to rely on. Marcus Blake is a good guy. He is honest and supportive. Rachel was entertaining. She is a fierce friend I would not want to mess with. I respected Ben’s discovery of the past and his Grandmother’s support.

This is the first book that I have read by Jennifer Cosgrove. I enjoyed her writing style. She does an excellent job of getting you into the characters head and knowing how they feel. SKATING THROUGH is an excellent read for any young adult or adult. Whether they can relate to the character or are straight and want to understand struggles a peer may face. SKATING THROUGH is a worthwhile and emotional read. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook
Published July 2nd 2018 by NineStar Press
ISBN: 139781949340037
Edition Language: English
URL: https://ninestarpress.com/product/skating-through/


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...