Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Pucked by Helena Hunting: Author and Character Interviews

Pucked
by Helena Hunting


With a famous NHL player for a step-brother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation many hockey stars come with. She’s smart enough to steer clear of those hot, well-built boys with unparalleled stamina. That is until she meets the legendary team captain—Alex Waters.

Violet isn’t interested in his pretty, beat-up face, or his rock-hard six-pack abs. But when Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet’s previous misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes more than just a hot body with a face to match.

In what can only be considered a complete lapse in judgment, Violet finds out just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants. But what starts out as a one-night stand, quickly turns into something more. Post-night of orgasmic magic, Alex starts to call, and text, and e-mail and send extravagant—and quirky—gifts, making him difficult to ignore, and even more difficult not to like.

The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet doesn’t want to be part of the game.



Author Bio

Helena Hunting lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She’s putting her degree in English Lit to good use by writing contemporary erotic romance. She is the author of Clipped Wings, her debut novel, and Inked Armor.



Interview 



Please welcome Pucked author Helena Hunting to Diane’s Book Blog.

Thanks so much for inviting me over to chat! It’s an honour to be here!


What is your favorite part of the story, Pucked? 

The Super MC scene is by far my favourite, followed by Ms. Bullocks and the broom. I can’t elaborate on either scene, because I don’t want to spoil it for readers.
Writing both of those scenes was so much fun. The Super MC scene is incredibly ridiculous, but then, everything about Violet is too much, so this fits perfectly with who she is as a character.

If you were stranded on a desert island which of your characters do you want by your side?

I think it depends on the circumstances. Do we have food? Shelter? Alex seems like the most logical choice. He’s big, strong, athletic, he can cook for himself. I’d be a little more worried about taking Violet along. As fun as she is, I don’t think she’d manage all that well in the “roughing it” sphere. Plus, if we’re on a tropical island, it would be hot and Alex would have to be shirtless for a good part of our stay, I mean our strandedness. Until we got rescued, unless, you know, the fire accidentally went out in the middle of the night while the rescue team came after us and we ended up having to stay there for years.

What is your favorite book that you wrote?

Pucked was the most fun to write, but I have a very strong connection to Clipped Wings and Inked Armor, maybe because it was my first novel. I love those characters. I still think about them a lot, even though that story is complete in many ways. Pucked is so different, where CW&IA was all angst and heartache, Pucked is silly, and it allowed me to explore a completely different side of my writing.

Who or what inspired you to be a writer?

I’ve always loved writing. As I teenager I wrote emo poetry, like every other English Lit loving girl. I also wrote stories as a kid, and when I was a little older, I used the typewriter to craft short stories. My drama and English teacher (she was the same person) really inspired me to explore my creativity.

How do you overcome writer’s block?

If I’m struggling with a scene I usually jot down exactly how I want things to flow. If it still isn’t coming to me, I’ll change gears and write something else, maybe for that day, or even just a couple of hours before I go back to it. If that doesn’t work, I clear my head by running.

What do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebooks? 

I enjoy the convenience of ebooks; they’re easily portable and you can carry a library around with you, which is amazing for travel. Paperbacks are definitely my favourite. I collect signed books from authors I love. It’s all in the smell and the tangibility of it, I think. I find such joy in leafing through a paperback, taking in the details.  As much as I love paperbacks, I often read on a device at night—although getting smacked in the face with an iPad hurts more than a paperback and about as much as a hardcover. 


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I’m so excited to share this story with readers. I love how willing they are to check out something different and new, even if it strays from my previous work. 


Character Interview  


Please welcome Alex from Helena Hunting's Pucked to Diane’s Book Blog.

What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?

Alex Waters. Since my name is already short I didn’t get a nickname, but Violet had one for my dick.

What is your hair color? Eye color? 

I have brown hair and I guess my eyes are hazel.

How old are you?

25

Where were you born? Where have you lived since then? Where do you currently call home?

I was born and raised in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. I lived there most of my life until I was drafted to the NHL. I currently live in Chicago, but I have a cottage up in Muskoka, which is also in Canada. I like to spend time there in the off season when I can.

What is in your refrigerator right now?

A crisper full of vegetables. A bag of apples, grapes, pears, kiwi, one mango, several avocados. Eggs, butter, milk, leftover pasta, four liters of orange juice. Violet’s six pack of Coke. My six pack of beer. A lot of condiments. Violet’s leftover takeout from the Thai place down the street.

On your bedroom floor?

Violet’s clothes from last night, including my favourite pair of her underwear.

On your nightstand?

A alarm clock, my phone, two bottles of water, Violet’s pair of spare glasses and lube.

In your garbage can?

About forty five wrappers from various chocolate bars and a few empty bags of Swedish Fish, all courtesy of Violet.


Who are the people you are closest to?

My parents, especially my dad, my younger sister Sunny, Darren--he plays hockey with me. My high school friends, Reid and Dave, who I don’t get to see all that often and Violet.

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, I think you have me sold on this one! It sounds fun!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...