Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Breakaway (Playmaker Duet 0.5) by Mignon Mykel Review

Breakaway (Playmaker Duet, #0.5; Prescott Family, #1.75)Breakaway by Mignon Mykel
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Mignon Mykel did a wonderful job with BREAKAWAY, the first book in the Playmaker Duet. My heart completely went out to Asher. What happens to her at the beginning to this story was difficult to read. I wanted to be able to protect her and felt helpless reading the events unfolded. This story could have some triggering effects for some people. Asher is an amazing individual. I love the meaning behind her tattoos. Her life seems to be one giant obstacle to overcome.

I appreciated that Asher became such good friends with Carter Douglas. I thought it was great what Carter’s brother, Hunter, does for Asher. I was trying to figure out if Mignon Mykel had another series about Carter and her family. I couldn’t find anything. I could easily see a Douglas series.

I thought it was clever how Asher meets Avery Prescott and is introduced to the Prescott family. I love how insistent they can be. I also, love that The Douglas’ and Prescott’s instantly adopt Asher. After everything she has been through, I could understand her being skeptical.

BREAKAWAY is a short story and fast read. I didn’t want the novella to end when it did. I cannot wait to hear Porter Prescott’s and Asher’s story. I was happy that the first chapter to the next book; ALTERCATION was included to tide me over. I cannot wait to see how things pan out. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Published February 28th 2017 by Mignon Mykel
Series: Playmaker Duet 0.5, Prescott Family #1.75


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...