Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

The Rival (Looking to Score #2) by Kendall Ryan Review

The Rival (Looking to Score #2)The Rival by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kendall Ryan has a game-winner with THE RIVAL (Looking to Score #2). In this story, Boston Titans’ bad-boy center Alex Braun and the assistant of the team owner Aspen Ford, end up alone together at a remote Canadian cabin for the summer. They are attracted to each other, but things are a bit complicated because of their relationship to the team owner Eden Wynn. She happens to be Aspen’s boss/friend and Alex’ ex-girlfriend.

I was looking forward to reading THE RIVAL after reading book one, THE REBEL. I always find it interesting to read the view point of the person that was made out to be the bad guy in a different book. Alex is not really a bad guy. I enjoyed his point of view. It would be difficult to have your ex become your boss and watch them become engaged to someone else. I felt bad that Alex had a strained relationship with his family because they seemed more interested in his money then him. I respected that Aspen gave Alex a chance. She had a preconceived opinion of him being a selfish jerk. I like that she ultimately gave him an opportunity and got to know him to form her own opinion. I appreciated that Alex gave Aspen the hope and courage that she needed to get over her recent break up. I like that Alex and Eden was aware enough to realize they were not the right people for each other.

THE RIVAL was skillfully written and entertaining. The characters have a lot of dimensions and grew throughout the novel. THE RIVAL is an excellent addition to the Looking to Score series. I do recommend reading book one, THE REBEL first. I look forward to reading Logan Tate’s and Summer Campbell’s story in book three, THE ROOKIE. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Published June 1st 2021
Original TitleThe Rival
ASIN: B08VZ5DHGH
Edition Language: English
Series: Looking to Score #2

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...