Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, September 7, 2020

A LUCKY SHOT by Nikky Kaye Review

A Lucky ShotA Lucky Shot by Nikky Kaye
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nikky Kaye scores with A LUCKY SHOT. In this story, hockey coach/former NHL goalie Beckett Hallstrom meets a graduate student, Lucy, at a Staley Cup playoff game. Their attraction is instant. Lucy’s presence has the superstitious hockey community convinced that their relationship/Lucy’s attendance will determine the series outcome. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult readers.

I liked the concept of this story. Hockey players and fans are very superstitious, so I appreciated the idea. I thought the dynamics of Beckett's former team playing his current team/Lucy’s prior hometown versus her present hometown in the Stanley Cup playoffs was interesting. The characters had great chemistry.

A LUCKY SHOT was fun to read during the current playoffs. It is an entertaining and quick read. I recommend this book to people who enjoy hockey romances. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Published September 3rd 2020

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...