Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Taming Beckett (The Playmakers Series) by G.K. Brady Review

Taming Beckett: A Bad Boy Sports Romance (The Playmakers Series Hockey Romances)Taming Beckett: A Bad Boy Sports Romance by G.K. Brady
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In this story, NHL star Beckett Miller falls from grace and loses almost everything. He hires real estate agent/former college friend Paige Anderson to sell his home. Paige begins to form a friendship with Beckett, meanwhile she is having marriage troubles. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult readers.

I liked Beckett. It is understandable how he ruined his career. I like that he owns up to his mistakes and grows up. I at times felt like Beckett was being portrayed as older than thirty-two-years-old. Having worked in the construction industry, I could relate with Paige. I enjoyed her character. She is hardworking and determined. I like that Beckett and Paige formed a friendship, and that she did not cheat on her husband, Adrian Paulson.

TAMING BECKETT was a good story, but it didn’t always hold my attention, and it sometimes felt slow. There are some valuable life lessons. Paige and Becket have great chemistry and a solid relationship. They both have family issues that are resolved. I like that they make each other better people. I want to continue following the series. T.J.’s story is next in book two, THIRD MAN IN. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 373 pages
Published August 20th 2019 by Trefoil Publishing
ASIN: B07VQTTR9Q

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...