Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Parental Guidance (Ice Knights #1) by Avery Flynn Review

Parental Guidance (Ice Knights #1)Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Avery Flynn lights the lamp with PARENTAL GUIDANCE (Ice Knights #1). In this novel, Hockey defenseman Caleb Stuckey gets caught in a PR nightmare. To help the situation blow over, the team requires him to participate in promoting a new dating app where his mother, Britany, has control over selecting someone whom he must go on five dates with. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult readers.

PARENTAL GUIDANCE is a fun and entertaining story. Caleb’s Uber fiasco totally reminded me of the Ottawa Senators Uber incident in November 2018. I think it was great that Avery Flynn used this in her story. I thought the parental influence dating app was also an interesting spin. Both parents had fascinating quirks that added to the novel.

I enjoyed the characters. Caleb is a good guy. I felt horrible about what he went through with his dyslexia. Zara Ambrose is a vibrant character. Her job was unique. I like that neither of the characters initially wanted to impress the other. I think they genuinely got to know each other that way. I like that they had fun on their dates and confided in each other. They had great chemistry. I love Zera’s dog, Anchovy. He was always doing something amusing.

PARENTAL GUIDANCE was skillfully written. The plot was clever. The story was easy to read and hard to put down. The epilogue was a perfect ending to the book. PARENTAL GUIDANCE is a great foundation for the Ice Knights series. I am looking forward to Avery Flynn’s next book in the series. I recommend this book to people who enjoy humorous/sweet sports romances. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 221 pages
Published June 17th 2019 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Amara)
ASIN: B07NL2LZ6D
Edition Language: English
Series: Ice Knights #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...