Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Comeback (Dallas Devils #2) by June Winters Review

Comeback: A Small Town Single Mom Romance (Dallas Devils Book 2)Comeback: A Small Town Single Mom Romance by June Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

June Winters hits it in the net with COMEBACK, the second book in the Dallas Devils series. Former Dallas Devils captain Jack Hathaway secretly retired in Bayfield, Ontario. He meets single mom Emma Swenson and her four-year-old daughter Mackenzie, reminding him of the life he used to dream of. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult readers.

I had been looking forward to reading this story ever since finishing book one in the series, DATE WITH A DEVIL. In the first book, Jack’s mysterious disappearance after a teammate’s death was initially mentioned. June Winters does a great job unfolding Jack’s story and explaining his need to vanish.

June Winters does a great job with her character development. I like Jack and Emma. They both suffered emotionally after being betrayed by people they trusted or should have been able to rely on; neither plan on opening themselves up to another again. I like Mackenzie’s role in the story. She’s an adorable little girl. I appreciated how the three of them grow and heal through the story.

I enjoyed the plot. I love how Jack, Emma, and Mackenzie first meet. I like Nicole’s crystal observations. I thought it was clever how both Jack’s and Emma’s pasts played a part in this novel. COMEBACK is skillfully written and entertaining. It is the perfect addition to the Dallas Devils series. I recommend this book to people that enjoy sports romances. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 189 pages
Published June 2nd 2019
ASIN: B07SPQ2HH4

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...