Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, April 25, 2019

The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1) by Rachel Morgan Review

The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)The Memory Thief by Rachel Morgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Rachel Morgan’s THE MEMORY THEIEF is a magical retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale. I absolutely loved this story. I could not put it down. I read it in one sitting. It is set in a world of four high races: Fae, vampires, shapeshifters, and humans. The humans are on the bottom of that food chain; many of them enslaved.

Nineteen-year-old Elle Winter is our heroine. She is the human stepdaughter to Salvia, who is a Fae. After Elle’s father died, Salvia put a slave charm on Elle. Now she is trying to become free. To do that she needs to sneak around and there is a lot of risk involved. Meanwhile, there is a vampire extremist group known as the Allegiant that is thought to be behind the abduction of humans.

Rachel Morgan does an admirable job with her character development. Elle is a likeable character. She has an interesting talent that plays an important part in the story. I like her relationship with her stepsister Sienna. I also thought it was intriguing how the Godmother is portrayed.

THE MEMORY THEIEF is full of action and thrills. It is a clever story that is skillfully written. The novel had an exciting cliff hanger ending. I cannot wait for the next book. I highly recommend this story to people that enjoy urban fantasies and fairytale retellings. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 125 pages
Expected publication: April 26th 2019 by Rachel Morgan
ISBN: 139781928510000
Edition Language: English
Series: City of Wishes #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...