Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Ice Hot (New York Nighthawks #1) by Tracy Goodwin Review

Ice Hot (New York Nighthawks, #1)Ice Hot by Tracy Goodwin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tracy Goodwin melts the ice with ICE HOT, the first book in the New York Nighthawks series.  NHL star, Christian Chase, is focused on leading his new team and does not plan on being distracted. However, after literally bumping into, Serena Ellis, he is intrigued and interested in pursuing her. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

I liked Christian’s character. He is the captain of the new expansion team, the New York Nighthawks. He has a lot of dimensions. He’s a dog lover, so that’s a plus. I appreciated Christian’s friendship with Nick. He came from nothing and wants to prove himself. Serena is an admirable heroine. She comes from a wealthy family. I like that she is a clothing designer for real women. She feels that she, and her brother are a disappointment to her parents. She never felt like she fit in her social circle. I love the relationship she has with her brother and grandmother.

Christian and Serena have great chemistry. I like how Christian and Serena met. Their banter was entertaining. I appreciate that they like each other for who they actually are and not their net worth or celebrity status. They come from different backgrounds, but they fit together. They both have scars that the other helps heal. They trust and respect each other.

I enjoyed the plot. The characters faced many interesting confrontations and grew both individually and as a couple. I like the expansion team aspect of the story; the added obstacle of bringing together a new team presented engaging challenges.

This is the first book that I have read by Tracy Goodwin. I enjoyed her writing style and plan to continue following the books in this series. I recommend ICE HOT for lovers of sports romances. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 1st edition, 248 pages
Expected publication: March 5th 2019 by Loveswept
ISBN139781984800121
Edition Language: English
Series: New York Nighthawks #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...