Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Healthy Scratch (Tampa Suns Hockey #1) by Robyn M. Ryan Review

Healthy Scratch (Tampa Suns Hockey #)Healthy Scratch by Robyn M. Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Robyn M. Ryan heats it up with HEALTHY SCRATCH, the first book in the Tampa Suns Hockey series. Lauren Gentry is considering relocating to Tampa to live by her business partner, Caryn Chadwick. She is shocked to discover that her friend-with-benefits, Dave Martin, has just been traded to the Tampa Suns; and Dave wants to be more than friends. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

I was thrilled when I discovered that Robyn M. Ryan wrote this spin-off of Clearing the Ice series. We originally met Lauren and Dave in that series.

I enjoyed discovering more about Lauren and Dave. They are complicated characters that have great chemistry. Lauren’s history explains a lot about her attitude and self-esteem. She is an admiral heroin that has gone through a great deal. I like Dave’s character. He is supportive and protective.

The plot was skillfully executed. I like that the story went forward and back in time. The stuff going on with Lauren’s family presented interesting challenges. The cyber-bullying was extremely pertinent to this day and age. I would have liked to read Lauren’s article. I know it was about the stuff that was mentioned in the book, but I think it would have been powerful to read her actual article instead of just hearing that there was one. I love the support that Lauren received. I’m looking forward to the next book in this series. I recommend HEALTHY SCRATCH to people that enjoy contemporary sports romances and/or books about overcoming issues like cyber-bullying. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 300 pages
Expected publication: March 12th 2019 by LJ Burdett
ASIN: B07NMDHKHY
Edition Language: English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...