Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Eyes on Me by Rachel Harris

Eyes on MeEyes on Me by Rachel Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I applaud Rachel Harris’ EYES ON ME. Concerned about her stress level, Lily Bailey’s father enrolls her in dance classes in hopes of relaxing her. Unknown to her, he offers star Brighton High football player, Stone Torres, money for being her dance partner. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for young adults.

EYES ON ME was an entertaining and believable read. The characters were well developed. I like Lily. She puts a lot of stress on herself to become valedictorian and to get accepted to Harvard. After winding up in the hospital, her father enrolls her in dance classes as an activity to get her mind off her classes. Stone is a good guy. Out of concern for the financial well-being of his mother’s dance studio, he accepts money from Lily’s dad to be Lily’s dance partner. As he gets to know Lily, he feels conflicted about taking the money. Cameron Montgomery is the perfect antagonist. She is Lily’s competition for valedictorian and Stone’s ex-girlfriend.

I enjoyed the plot. There were good life lessons and moral issues. I have taken ballroom dance classes, so I respected that aspect of the story. Being Hungarian, I appreciated that Stone’s mom/dance instructor was born there. I like that the characters faced significant obstacles and grew as a result. This is the first book that I have read by Rachel Harris. I enjoyed her writing style. I would read books by her in the future. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: March 26th 2019 by Entangled: Teen
Original Title: Eyes on Me
ISBN 1640635262 (ISBN13: 9781640635265)
Edition Language: English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...