Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, February 18, 2019

Changing On The Fly (Hockey Punk #1) by Angela Stevens Reiew

Changing On The Fly (Hockey Punk #1)Changing On The Fly by Angela Stevens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Angela Stevens shakes things up with CHANGING ON THE FLY. Hockey player, Jude Holland, has had a crush on his sister’s best friend, Maya Jenkins, since he was fifteen. Now, five years later, he helps protect her from her abusive ex-boyfriend, Carl Frasier.

I liked that the story was written from three viewpoints: Jude Maya, and Carl. It was interesting to see how different their thought processes worked.

I felt like I had to keep pushing myself to read this story. I continually had to put it down and come back to it. I think something with the flow of the story was off to me. Plus, a couple of things happened that didn’t see feasible to me, like Jude not telling the police officer why he was fighting with Carl, and Jude being so protective of Maya, then suddenly leaving her alone unprotected. The book held my attention better by the end of the novel.

I like that Maya got away from a bad situation and had a good support system. I also appreciated that Maya and Jude got a second chance. I really liked Jude. I didn’t like how people kept judging him (like his sister and Officer Lawton). Jude and Maya had several interesting obstacles to overcome.

I could see this book causing triggers for some people that have experienced abusive relationships. Maya’s ex was very cunning. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 266 pages
Published January 2019 by Cat's Pyjamas (first published 2014)
Original Title; Lemon Drops and Love (Cocktail Series #1)
ASIN; B07FLY7HSC
Series; Hockey Punk #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...