Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wicked Player (Rough Riders #3) by Stacey Lynn Review

Wicked PlayerWicked Player by Stacey Lynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Stacey Lynn scores a touchdown with WICKED PLAYER, the third book in the Rough Riders series. Football wide receiver Gage Bryant has a reputation to uphold; he pays a lot of money to The Velvet Club for their non-disclosure agreements to have his secret kept that he is a dominant. Imagine his surprise when the submissive he can’t stop thinking about has been assigned to follow the opening of his new Children’s Hospital Family Center. This story takes place in Raleigh and is suitable for adult audiences.

Stacey Lynn does an amazing job with this book. Her character development and plot are skillfully executed. I like Elizabeth Hayes and Gage. They are both members of The Velvet Club to help maintain their privacy and reputations. They are both public figures with a lot to lose if their lifestyles were discovered. They are both honorable and hardworking.

The plot was clever and heartfelt. I like that Elizabeth doesn’t know that Gage is the Dom from The Velvet Club, due to being blindfolded. Since she is an inquisitive investigative reporter, it made an interesting angle. I thought it was clever how her ex-boyfriend, Connor Hopkins, played into the story. I like Gage’s reason for supporting the children’s hospital. I loved Gage’s and Elizabeth’s relationship with Brandon Miller. My heart broke for that little boy and his family.

WICKED PLAYER was a thought-provoking read. It was believable and inspiring. This was the first book that I have read in the rough rider series. I had no problem following the story, and I am interested in reading additional books in the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Series: Rough Riders #3

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...