Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld #14.5) by Gena Showalter Review

The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)The Darkest Captive by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


Gena Showalter held me captivated with THE DARKEST CAPTIVE. This was Galen the Treacherous’ and Legion’s story.

I started following the Lords of the Underworld series when it first came out. I was drawn to it for two reasons. I love books based on mythology, and it took place in Budapest (I’m Hungarian). I am still impressed with his series. Gena Showalter does an amazing job keeping it fresh and relevant.

Galen is an interesting character. Unlike the others, he is possessed by two demons, False Hope and Jealousy. Legion is amusing. I like how she can be dangerous one minute and Princess Barbie the next. Both characters have progressed a lot through this series. I like how Galen’s and Fox’s relationship is sort of similar to Aeron’s and Legion’s.

I enjoyed the plot. It was skillfully written. It moved quickly and was thought-provoking. I like that Galen made some headway with his daughter, Gwendolyn, wife of Sabin, in this story. I’m interested in seeing what winds up happening with Fox. Her situation should make a fascinating story. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 125 pages
Published December 4th 2018 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated
ASIN: B07884LS4B
Edition Language: English
Series: Lords of the Underworld #14.5, 1001 Dark Nights #94

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...