Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, November 23, 2018

Lines (Greyford High #1) by Anna B. Doe Review

Lines (Greyford High, #1)Lines by Anna B. Doe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anna B. Doe gets a win for LINES the first book in the Greyford High series. It’s the beginning of senior year at Greyford High. Amelia (Lia) Campbell cannot wait for the year to end and start fresh away at college. Greyford hockey star, Derek King has had a crush on Amelia since they were eight years old. You would never know it from the way he has treated her. Now a new kid, Maximillian Sanders, is interested in Lia. Derek is not going to let Amelia getaway.

I enjoyed LINES. The plot was interesting. Derek has liked Amelia but has not stopped his friends from bullying her. It made for a complicated situation. The story is an excellent example of the effects of peer pressure.

Anna B. Doe does a nice job with her character development. Everyone is very different and dimensional. I like Lia. She’s shy and doesn’t like attention. She grows through the story. It took me a while to like Derek. Being a Siberia Husky owner, Derek got bonus points for rescuing Ace. I appreciated how Derek and Lia got to know each other. I enjoyed the rivalry between Derek and Max. I’m curious to learn Andrew Hill’s story.

LINES was a great start to the Greyford High Series. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series and to get a better look at the other characters. This is the first book that I have read by Anna B. Doe. I enjoyed her writing style. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 283 pages
Expected publication: November 23rd 2018
ASIN: B07K9H8MKJ
Edition Language: English
Series: Greyford High #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...