Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Big Stick (Big Stick #1) by R.C. Stephens Review

Big StickBig Stick by R.C. Stephens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

R.C. Stephens scores with BIG STICK. As kids, Myles Sanders and twin brother and sister Oliver and Flynn Russell were inseparable. After moving to different cites, Myles and Flynn had a falling out. Seven years later, Myles and Oli are still best friends living their dream of playing professional hockey together in Chicago. Flynn relocates to Chicago to be near her brother; consequently, needing to resolve the issues she has with Myles. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

I loved R.C. Stephens’ BIG STICK. Being a Chicagoan, I appreciate that the story takes place there. I also respected that Myles and Oli played for my favorite team the Blackhawks. I like Myles, Oli, and Flynn. They are realistic and convincing characters. A tragedy caused some unresolved issues for them. Myles had a tough childhood and relied on the Russell family for support. Flynn believed in Myles and is a big part of the reason he is as successful as he is. Myles and Flynn have amazing chemistry. You truly want to see them work things out.

BIG STICK is a heartfelt and enjoyable read. The story was believable and skillfully-executed. The hockey scenes were easy to visualize and credible. I like the Peter Pan nick names. The Epilogue felt well concluded. This is the first book that I have read by R.C. Stephens. I enjoyed her writing style and plan on continue following the Big Stick series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 226 pages
Published September 17th 2018 by Entangled Publishing LLC
ASIN: B07G11HMFB
Series: Big Stick #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...