Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Player on Ice (Boys of Winter #5) by S.R. Grey Review

Player on Ice (Boys of Winter #5)Player on Ice by S.R. Grey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

S.R. Grey heats things up with PLAYER ON ICE, book five of the Boys of Winter series. After having a terrible game that cut the Vegas Wolves season short, center, Jaxon Holland, heads to a secluded island to avoid encountering hostile fans. He ends up sharing a house with his teammate’s sister’s friend, Cara Milne. Unbeknownst to him, Cara was responsible for his fan troubles. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

Jaxon and Cara have an interesting start. Cara is feeling guilty about what she wrote about Jaxon in her blog under the penname of Mr. Hockeypants. The things she said were damaging. Jaxon has no clue, she is his nemesis. The two verbally spar a lot. They get to know each other well since they are alone together in the same house on an island. They become friends. Obviously, things explode when Jaxon discovers the truth.

It took me a while to warm up to the characters. As they both evolved and grew, I enjoyed them more and more. I think that was also because they both seemed to be hiding parts of their true personality. As they opened-up, I liked them more. They both are good people that are human and made mistakes. I like that they show character and take responsibility for their actions.

PLAYER ON ICE was skillfully written. I thought the plot was original and well laid out. I like the lizard scene. Lizards are cute. I appreciated how the issues were resolved. The story had a great ending. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 276 pages
Published June 11th 2018
Original Titleplayer on ice
ASIN: B07DKBWKFK
Edition Language: English
Series: Boys of Winter #5

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...