Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, May 4, 2018

Tradition by Brendan Kiely Review

TraditionTradition by Brendan Kiely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed Brendan Kiely’s TRADITION. The story takes place at Fullbrook Academy; this prestigious boarding school, screams money. It has a tradition of being a boy’s club. There are horrible things that happen that are overlooked. People that challenge the system are frowned upon.

One of these challengers is Jules Devereux. Having stirred things up one too many times, Jules is counting the days until graduation.

After a tragedy at his prior high school, Jamie Baxter, is given a second chance at Fullbrook Academy. He is on a full hockey scholarship and feels like an outsider.

Jules and Jamie form a friendship. Both are frustrated at the injustices that are swept under the rug and want to do something about it. I really liked Jules and Jamie. A lot of the things that happen in this story are unfair but realistic.

The ending was believable and convincing. I would love to see a follow novel to find out what happens to the main characters. This is the first book that I have read by Brendan Kiely. I enjoyed his writing style. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Hardcover, 352 pages
Published May 1st 2018 by Margaret K. McElderry Books
Original TitleYou Keep the Sky from Falling
ISBN 1481480340 (ISBN13: 9781481480345)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...