Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Possessive O Line (O Line RH Book 2) by Mia Luxe Review

Possessive O Line: A Reverse Harem Sports Romance (O Line RH Book 2)Possessive O Line: A Reverse Harem Sports Romance by Mia Luxe
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


When I picked up this book, I didn’t realize it was the second book in the series. I could tell when I started reading it that it was taking place after a prior book. I could follow the story quickly. I would have preferred to read book one first, but I signed up to read an advanced reader copy by the publication date and didn’t have time to get it in.


Intern reporter, Sierra Madison, is in a secret relationship with three up-and-coming hockey players Caden, Jason, and Ford. A tabloid reported that she was dating one of the players. To protect her career and the guys' endorsements, they hide their polyamorous relationship. Meanwhile, Caden, Jason, and Ford are trying to raise money to save the orphanage they grew up in.


I recently re-watched the movie The Blues Brothers. While reading this story I kept recalling in the movie that they were on a mission from God to save the orphanage. Especially, after Sierra was introduced to Sister Margery.


I’m not sure I buy into three orphans making it into the NHL, winding up on the same team, and playing on the same line. The chance of that happening is slim. However, this is fiction, so we’ll go with it.


Caden, Jason, and Ford have been through a lot together. They have their differences and complement one another. With the help of the guys, Sierra is discovering herself. She has a good heart.


I like Sierra’s mom. I thought her parents’ history was interesting and added to the story. I thought the possible correlation to Sierra’s Dad’s past work was a clever addition.


I like that there was a plot to the story and not just sex scenes. There were some interesting topics and discussions in the novel like the topic of people being “accountable” which I appreciated.


All the exclamation points were driving me a little crazy.


POSSESSIVE O LINE had a “holy cow” ending that makes me want to read the next book. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.


Kindle Edition
Expected publication: May 30th 2018

ASIN: B07D71BC2D

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...