Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Misadventures with a Rookie by Toni Aleo Review

Misadventures of a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)Misadventures of a Rookie by Toni Aleo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Toni Aleo lights the lamp with MISADVENTURES OF A ROOKIE. Malibu Suns hockey player, Gus Persson, is not used to being turned down. Sun’s ice girl/sports therapist, Bo St. James, has no problem shutting down the cocky defenseman, or does she. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

I loved MISADVENTURES OF A ROOKIE. The characters were likable and well developed. I appreciated the similarities between Bo and Gus’ mother. I loved the banter between Bo and Gus. I enjoyed the conversations with Gus’ parents. Many of them were highly amusing; others were serious. Gus is a great guy. He is not what Bo expected. The characters go through a lot in this story. It is understandable why Bo is initially weary of Gus. The two have amazing chemistry and grow throughout the novel.

The plot was skillfully executed. There are some wonderful life lessons and viewpoints throughout the story. I found all the ER visits interesting. The ending was perfect. MISADVENTURES OF A ROOKIE had a different feel then Toni Aleo’s Assasins series and Bullies series, but I loved it as much as I do her other novels. Fans of Toni Aleo will not be disappointed. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 208 pages
Expected publication: April 10th 2018 by Waterhouse Press
Edition Language: English
Series: Misadventures #11


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...