Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, October 30, 2017

Forbidden Puck by June Winters Review

Forbidden Puck: A Hockey RomanceForbidden Puck: A Hockey Romance by June Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

June Winters scores with FORBIDDEN PUCK. Ella Couture heads to Boston for the weekend to visit her NHL star brother, Lance. She ends up spending more time with his line/roommate, Ryan Ryder. The two know that they need to stay away from each other, but…This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

This is the first book that I read by June Winters. I enjoyed her writing style and quickly added some of her other books to my “want to read” list. She does a great job with her character development and plot. I like Ella. She is authentic and hard working. Ryan is a great character. He credits his recent hockey success to his chemistry with Lance. That puts an interesting twist into the story.

I enjoyed the similarities between Ryan and Ella. For example, Ryan doesn’t know if women are interested in him because he is a hockey star and that Ella doesn’t know if guys just want to date her because she is a virgin, and they want to be her first. I also appreciated, Ryan’s code and Ella’s honesty policy.

The other characters in the story added some interesting tension to the plot. Ella’s ex-boyfriend Mathew is a piece of work. Lance’s personality is fascinating. He is a bit self-centered. He does have a good heart though.

FORBIDDEN PUCK was well-written. The story flowed well and held my interest from start to finish. I love how the epilogue concluded the story. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Published October 23rd 2017
ASIN: B076QBGFJB

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...