Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, August 25, 2017

In the Crease (Assassins #12) by Toni Aleo Review

In the Crease (Assassins, #12)In the Crease by Toni Aleo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Toni Aleo scores with IN THE CREASE, the twelfth book in the Assassins series. NHL goalie, Jensen Monroe, has been in love with his best friend’s little sister, Wren Lemiere, since they were kids. So, when she asks him to be her fake husband in order to get her inheritance, he jumps at the opportunity with the hopes of making it permanent. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

I adore Jensen. He has become one of my favorite male characters. He is an amazing individual. He has some understandable insecurities. He is a wonderful guy who is patient and loyal. He and Wren are adorable together. Her self-esteem has been messed with, and she has a lot of obstacles that she faces in this story. They both grow tremendously and make a cute couple.

I enjoyed the plot and sub-plot. I love that Wren’s brother, Vaughn Johansson, and Brie play a major role in this novel. They definitely added to the entertainment value. The boys and Wren have known each other forever, so they have a fun relationship. I love both Wren and Jensen’s families. My father went through some of the same diabetes issues that Jensen’s dad did. Therefore, my heart went out to Jensen and his family.

Toni Aleo continues to do an astonishing job with her character development. She is a talented and skillful writer whom I can always count on for an amazing read. I loved the last chapter and epilogue. It was the perfect ending. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Published August 22nd 2017
Edition Language: English
Series: Assassins #12

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...