Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, July 6, 2017

27: Dropping the Gloves (Enforcers of San Diego #1) by Mignon Mykel

27: Dropping the Gloves27: Dropping the Gloves by Mignon Mykel
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


Mignon Mykel gets off to a great start with the first book of the Enforcers of San Diego series 27: DROPPING THE GLOVES. This was a delightful spin-off of the Prescott Family. Hockey defenseman, Jordan Byrd, is traded back to the Enforcers and wants a relationship with his daughter, Rori. Jordan ex-wife, Marlo, is still considered part of the Enforcers’ family, and everyone is taking sides. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

I love the plot of this story. I thought it was great that Marlo still hung out with the wives of Jordan’s team mates after the divorce. The dynamics of the situation was fascinating and believable. I found Jordan’s perspective on returning to a team he used to play for interesting. The relationship with his teammates was thought-provoking, especially with his former best friend, Trevor Winski. I also, love that Caleb and Jonny Prescott are in the book.

Both Jordan and Marlo are likeable. They never really wanted to hurt each other. They dated since they were fourteen. It is understandable that they would change over that time. There are misunderstandings and lack of communication. They face many obstacles. I love that they get a second chance.

I enjoy Mignon Mykel writing style. The novel had a great flow and was hard to put down. I look forward to continuing to read this series. I cannot wait for Trevor’s story next. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook
Published July 5th 2017 by Mignon Mykel

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...