Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Playing For Keeps (York Bombers #3) by Lisa B. Kamps Review

Playing For Keeps (York Bombers, #3)Playing For Keeps by Lisa B. Kamps
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lisa B. Kamps scores a hat trick with the third book in the York Bombers series, PLAYING FOR KEEPS. AHL Goalie, Tyler Bowie, is off his game. On top of that, he is interested in his team mates little sister, Jennifer Emory. A relationship that is off limits due to the bro code. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

Lisa B. Kamps continues to do a great job with this series. The story is new and original but has consistent elements with the previous books.

I felt bad for what Jennifer went through with her previous boyfriend, Viktor. He is a complete slime. I appreciated the hockey scene where the boys got into it with him. There is a difference between liking hockey players and being a puck bunny. Jenny is no puck bunny.

Tyler is a likeable character. I could understand why his concentration and game were affected. It would be hard to not be jealous in his situation. He is a good guy who is protective and fair.

I like that the story takes place during the same timeline as the previous book. It is interesting hearing different perspectives of situations from the characters, especially with Jason.

I like that Jenny and Magan became friends. I loved the ending of the book. I’m looking forward to Zach Mummert’s story in book four, PLAYING IT UP. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 193 pages
Expected publication: June 28th 2017 by BimHaven Press
ASIN: B06Y5BCH4K
Series: York Bombers #3

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...