Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, May 18, 2017

A Change in Tide (Northern Lights #1) by Freya Barker Review

A Change in Tide (Northern Lights, #1)A Change in Tide by Freya Barker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Freya Barker’s A CHANGE IN TIDE is a heartfelt and wonderful read. After a traumatic experience changes her life, Mia Thompson, moves to a secluded cottage on a lake, isolating herself off from society. Her life takes a turn when former NHL defenseman, Jared Kesla, moves next door. This contemporary sports romance takes place in Canada. It is suitable for adult audiences.

I like Jared and Mia; their first impressions of one another was entertaining. They end up having a lot in common. For example, they both lost careers they loved. Jared is forced into early retirement due to a career-ending injury. Mia due to her panic attacks. Prior to Jared moving next door, Mia was existing not living.

Jared is a good guy. I love that he looks out for his sister, Jordy, and her son, Ole. I also appreciate how he is around Mai. He is observant. He is protective of those he cares about. Mia grew throughout the story. She is a likable individual. I love when she takes charge helping Jordy.

I like Mia’s therapist, Rueben Moulin. I love his explanation of “a change in tide." It really is the perfect title for this story.

I enjoyed the plot. It felt like it was fate that Jared and Mia met. They were meant to connect. There were some compelling and believable things that happen in the novel that kept the story interesting. This is the first book that I have read by Freya Barker. I enjoyed her writing style and would read more books by her in the future. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 398 pages
Published May 3rd 2017 (first published April 12th 2017)
ASIN: B06Y4C48TP
Edition Language: English
Series: Northern Lights #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...