Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hot as Puck by Lili Valente Review

Hot as PuckHot as Puck by Lili Valente
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lili Valente scores with HOT AS PUCK. NHL forward, Justin Cruise, helps his kindergarten-teacher best friend, Libby Collins, by giving her dating lessons. This contemporary sports romance takes place in Portland.

HOT AS PUCK is a fun “friends turned lovers” romance. Admittingly, I instantaneously liked the main character, Justin, because he has the same name as my son, they both play hockey, and have hazel eyes with dark hair. That being said, it got a little weird during some of the scenes, and I quickly had to get my son out of my thoughts when reading the story.

I like Justin and Libby. They have been friends since they were kids. Libby taught him how to crochet when he was sick in bed with mono. Neither one of them has ever thought about the other romantically, until his twenty-eighth birthday party, and then they were both in denial. Libby asks Justin to give her dating lessons because she feels she is socially awkward.

There are a lot of entertaining dialogs and imagery throughout the story. One of my personal favorites was Libby’s comparison to all massive toothed worms in 1980s movies. You’ll have to read the story to find out what I’m talking about – it’s in chapter six. I also love Libby’s and Laura’s texts.

HOT AS PUCK has a great plot. It is well-written and hard to put down. I loved the ending. I’m looking forward to Libby’s sister, Laura’s story with Justin’s teammate/captain, Brendan, SEXY MOTHERPUCKER. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Expected publication: April 3rd 2017 by Self Taught Ninja


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...