Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Parker (Face-Off #1) by Jillian Quinn Review

ParkerParker by Jillian Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jillian Quinn scores with PARKER, the first book from the Face-Off series. NHL defenseman, Alex Parker, is traded to the Philadelphia Flyers due to bad behavior. His agent, Mick Donoghue, asks his toughest employee, Charlotte Coachman (Coach), to get him out of the penalty box. Their encounters are a constant Face-Off. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

Jillian Quinn does an admirable job with her character development. They are believable and well developed. I like Alex. He is having a difficult time dealing with his father’s death. He’s drinking too much and getting in trouble. He has a good heart. I love how he is with kids. He is persistent and needs some guidance. Charlie is an impressive heroine. She had a difficult childhood. She was an impressive college basketball player, planning on going pro, until her dreams were crushed by an injury. She becomes a successful senior sports agent, with a stellar reputation. I like that she tells it how it is. I love that she coaches youth basketball. I also appreciated her work ethic. Alex and Charlotte have great chemistry and make an intriguing couple that need each other.

I enjoyed the plot. There were a lot of complicated issues and dynamics that made the story thought-provoking. Jillian Quinn does an amazing job describing the sport scenes. It is obvious she is knowledgeable. I enjoyed the ending. It was clever and well-resolved. This is the first book that I read by Jillian Quinn. I enjoyed her writing style. The story was well laid out and entertaining throughout. I plan to continue following this series and am looking forward to the next book. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 203 pages
Published February 14th 2017 by Penn Publishing
ISBN: 139780997619829
Edition Language: English
Series: Face-Off Series #1


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review, Diane! This sounds like a fun and entertaining read! Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...