Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers #2) by Sarina Bowen Review

Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers #2)Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sarina Bowen Hard Hitter is a smash. Team captain and enforcer, Patrick O'Doul, does not like to be touched. After suffering a hip injury, he has no choice but to seek help from the team’s massage therapist, Ariana (Ari) Bettini. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

When we were introduced to Patrick O'Doul in book one, Rookie Move, I was not a fan of his. However, the more I got to know him; I really began to like him. He had a trying childhood, being raised in a group home in Minnesota. It explains a lot about his personality. Ari is the perfect person to be assigned as Patrick’s message therapist. With Ari’s help, he grows a lot throughout this story. He is a good guy who owns up to his mistakes. I like that he begins to open-up to his team mates because of his relationship with Ari.

I really like Ari. She had a difficult breakup with her boyfriend of eight years, Vince. He got himself into some trouble, which unfortunately spills over into her life. Patrick finds himself trying to protect Ari from her Ex, whom he happens to know. It causes some fascinating controversy in the story.

I really enjoyed the plot. There were a lot of interesting details and twists. HARD HITTER is fast paced a and kept me focused from start to finish. I like how the chapters stared with the team’s standings. I also like that “No Sleep Till Brooklyn” by the Beastie Boys is the Bruisers’ theme song. Sarina Bowen does an amazing job with her second book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. I cannot wait to read Mike Beacon’s and Lauren Williams’ story next in book three, PIPE DREAMS. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

336 pages
Published January 3rd 2017
Series: Brooklyn Bruisers #2
Characters: Patrick O'Doul, Ari Bettini


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...