Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Broken Pieces (Patchworks #1.5) by Toni Aleo Review

Broken PiecesBroken Pieces by Toni Aleo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

BROKEN PIECES takes place at the same time as book one, PIECES. However, the story is told from Rebecca von Stein’s oldest brother, Oceanus’, point of view. I loved finding out what was going on with him and hearing his thoughts. He had a lot on his plate and was suffering emotionally.

Oceanus is next in line to run the Patchworks clan, after his father, William. His father originally said he would pass the clan to Oceanus when he turned twenty-five. Unfortunately, William changed his mind and still has not stepped down as the leader. The first thing that Oceanus plans to do when he becomes the leader is to change the rule that, “There is to be no romantic mixing between any of the five supernatural clans.” Oceanus has been secretly dating the daughter of the leader of the Wolves, Taegan Conner. Time is running out because her father arranged for Taegan to be married to the son of another wolf leader.

I like Oceanus’ character. He is a good big brother, looking out for his siblings. He is protective. He is progressive and wants to make contemporary changes to the Works. He truly loves Taegan and wants to spend the rest of his life with her. He is broken by the possibility of them having to marry someone from their own clans. I like that he is open-minded and believes in love.

I enjoyed finding out additional information about the stuff that was going on with Rebekah and Ryland; especially at the end of the book, that just added a whole new level of urgency to the story.

I had a hard time deciding how many stars to give this book. I loved the first novel, PIECES, giving it a five-star review. BROKEN PIECES is just as skillfully written and exciting. However, since it happened simultaneously to PIECES, for the most part, I knew what was going to occur. I really like the story and feel it is a great addition to the series, but it was a four-star read for me. That being said, if I never read PIECES, I would probably give this story 5-stars. I enjoyed getting to hear Oceanus’ story and finding out some of the things that went on behind the scenes of the first book. Toni Aleo’s Patchworks series is a remarkable and thrilling paranormal read. I cannot wait for the next book in the series, PIECED TOGETHER. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Published October 11th 2016
Edition Language: English
Series: Patchwork #1.5

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...