Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Falling for Flynn (Hockey on Tap Book 1) by Kate Willoughby review

Falling for Flynn: A Silver Fox Sports Romance (Hockey on Tap Book 1)Falling for Flynn: A Silver Fox Sports Romance by Kate Willoughby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kate Willoughby’s FALLING FOR FLYNN is an excellent start to the Hockey on Tap series and a clever spin-off of the In the Zone series. Former college hockey player and current girls’ hockey coach, Tracy Duval, signs up for the Barracuda Fantasy Hockey Camp to prove that women can play hockey and make a statement against their sexist ads. She captures the attention of retired NHL player, Flynn Hammerstrom. However, after dealing with his ex-wife’s continual crusades, Flynn is not sure if he can deal with the attention Tracy stirs up. This contemporary sports romance takes place in San Diego. It is suitable for adult audiences.

Being in my forties, I appreciated a hockey romance with characters close to my age. I enjoyed both Tracy and Flynn. The two have great personalities and chemistry. I like that Tracy tastefully proves her point. She is a classy individual and good role model for the girls. It is understandable why Flynn was leery with the situation. His ex-wife was a bit extreme. Flynn is a good guy who deserves a second chance at happiness.

I love that Flynn and his former Barracudas line mates Cole Ripley and Slater Jones began a brew pub together. This is an interesting premise to this series. I liked the insights into the business. FALLING FOR FLYNN is a heartfelt and enjoyable read. The story was well-written and believable. I look forward to future stories in this series.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 126 pages
Expected publication: October 19th 2016 by Kiwi Press
ASIN: B01M0GGJBJ
Edition Language: English


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...