INHERITED DAMNATION is an 8 book paranormal romance series being released as one book every three weeks between January 27th and June 23rd, 2015.
Damned at birth, eight immortal children of a high priestess are compelled to kill the one that holds their heart. They can never fall in love. Driven by the need to finally destroy their evil sire and break the curse, each struggles to balance their desire for innocence against the dark needs of their conflicted souls.
The series contains mythos shared between the volumes, but each book stands on its own with a newly featured couple.
The first volume and second volumes, Cursed to Kill and Tormented by Darkness are available now!
Keep up with all things Inherited Damnation over on the Inherited Damnation Facebook page!
INHERITED DAMNATION Book #1
One of eight children born to an ancient Celtic priestess and sired by a demonic incubus, Cian McLaine suffers from a centuries-old curse. Though his immortality allows him to enjoy the pleasures of mortal life, he is plagued by the desire to kill. As long as he doesn't fall in love he can keep the compulsion at bay.
When Cian walked into her rare bookstore months ago, Miranda Phillips never imagined she'd lose her heart to the handsome playboy. Her reward for doing so was abandonment. Cian left as mysteriously as he appeared, in the middle of the night with no explanation, no goodbye. Now he's back, and passion flares just as hot. But Cian has secrets. If Miranda is to survive, she must uncover the truth and free his darkened soul.
Add to your GoodReads Shelf
INHERITED DAMNATION Book #2
Cursed by her incubus father centuries ago, the last thing Rhiannon McLaine wants is to fall in love.
The night she delivers flowers to detective Mick Farrell, however, everything changes. Deep-seated attraction flares into untamed passion. In the morning, Rhiannon awakens to find she’s lost her heart. Now, unless she can convince Mick of her secret past, she’s destined to take his life.
When Rhiannon asks Mick to go camping with her, instinct warns him to refuse. Though he hungers for her love and the goodness she represents, he’ll do anything to keep her from discovering the darkness within his soul. Yet a weekend in the woods is the perfect place to indulge in temporary desire…until he finds himself bound against his will.
Surrounded by ancient Celtic rites and magic, can Mick see beyond Rhiannon’s duplicity and recognize her love? Or will the revelation of her true demonic nature doom Rhiannon to a mortal life alone?
Add to your GoodReads Shelf
Book #3, Destined to Die, will be coming on 3/10/15. Keep your eye out…
Building on a
background of fantasy game design, a fascination with history, and a lifetime
love of books, Award-Winning Author Claire Ashgrove brings to life
action-filled, passionate journeys of the heart. Her paranormal series, The
Curse of the Templars, marries the history of the Knights Templar with the
chilling aspirations of the most unholy--a must-read for speculative fiction
fans. For romance fans, she also writes as the National Bestselling Author Tori
St. Claire and historical romance as Sophia Garrett.
In her non-writing
time, she owns and operates Finish The Story, a full-scale editing house
co-founded with Bryan Thomas Schmidt. She lives in Missouri and enjoys cooking,
studying ancient civilizations, and spending downtime with her two sons and
too-many horses, cats, and dogs.
To learn more,
visit her at: claireashgrove.com or toristclaire.com. For all the latest updates look
for the Untamed Spirit blog, via any of her websites.
Claire’s Top 5 Favorite Paranormal Themes
5. Vampires – Years ago, this would have been at the top of my list. And if you get into bloodthirsty vamps, it moves a bit higher. One of my first writings was a fan fiction based off The Lost Boys. Yum! :sings: “Thou, shalt not kill…” You’re welcome for the earworm.
4. Werewolves – and not the kind that turn all lovey-dovey. The kind that are in Wolf, with Jack Nicholson. Or remember Oz, in Buffy? Yeah… give me some mysterious full moon habits with a sense of danger and death... oh my!
3. Religious Paranormal – Have you seen The Rite? Or does anyone remember The Believers? This kind of paranormal element is something that just fascinates me. I’ll say my prayers though, because I simply never want to experience it.
2. Ghosts and Hauntings – Everybody loves a good ghost, right? I’ve been blessed (or cursed, depending on your perspective) to share my home with some people who have been here before me. We get along well, the dog used to be a source of entertainment. But if it’s haunted, I’m so there!
And last, my very favorite:
1. Vanishing Cultures – this isn’t just a playground for my creativity, it’s a full scale Amusement Park, where I can build the death-defying rides and relax on the Merry-Go-Rounds too. I’m also a historical buff, and this really fits well with my love of research and my untamable imagination.
What about you? What’s your favorite theme – and why? Where did you first experience it (in literature, entertainment, or real encounters.)
Come join the Inherited Damnation fun on Facebook!
a Rafflecopter giveaway