Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hidden Barriers (Barriers #2) by Sara Shirley Review

Hidden Barriers (Barriers #2)Hidden Barriers by Sara Shirley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Massachusetts State Trooper, Josh Page, struggles with the loss of his first love. Since their break up, women have meant nothing to him until he knocks over roller derby player Samantha Daley.

I relished hearing Josh’s story. I felt bad for what happened with his relationship with Sue in book one; I like that he found Sam. Josh is a wonderful protective man who deserves to be happy.

Sam is strong and courageous. She is amazing for fighting to survive after an abusive relationship. I enjoyed that she participates in roller derby. It was interesting to learn about the sport and the confidence it gave to Sam.

I love Sam’s friends. They are like a family, looking out for one another.

I like that this story overlapped with book one, Frozen Barriers, and we got Josh’s viewpoint on what was going on with Jeremy and Emily’s relationship, while he was dealing with his own life.

Courtney is the best little sister. I find it fascinating that she is always saving her brothers’ relationships. I also liked Sam’s younger brother Drew. They have a great sibling relationship.

I love that this story is told in two-person point of view (or actually briefly three people). It made me feel more connected with the characters, having their perceptions.

Sara Shirley continues to do an incredible job with this series. I love all the characters (except the bad guys, but I do love to hate them). The plot is insightful and realistic. I underwent numerous emotions that made me feel connected to the characters. This is a wonderful contemporary romance that I highly recommend.

ebookPublished (first published September 4th 2014)series: Barriers #2

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...