The Whispers of the Fallen Book # 2
Publication Date- May 30, 2014
Smoke rises from the ruins of fallen kingdoms. Forgotten secrets have been revealed. In the darkness of the world, Lucifer’s army grows.
The quest of the book-bearers grows even more perilous when Isaac and his companions discover that ancient enemies have risen from the Heart of Elysium, seeking to snatch the Book of Letters from their hands. The Nephilins are now aided by Xavier, one of the Fallen Rulers. Villages have been brought to the ground by armies of Shadows. Creatures from the Abyss now lurk in the mountains and forests, longing to kill whoever crosses their path.
Isaac and his companions must find courage to overcome their fears as they continue their journey throughout Elysium.
About the Author
J.D.Netto (Jorge de Oliveira Netto) is brazilian-born. Raised in Framingham, MA, J.D.Netto always had an eye for epic fantasy and story-telling. At an early age, he had the habit of locking himself in his room, turning on any soundtrack he could find, and there he would write for hours.During his senior year in High School, J.D.Netto had an idea that changed his life, 'What if Lucifer had a Diary? What if the Diary was a secret? What if the secret was a reality?' These simple questions led him to write for six consecutive years, researching, perfecting his craft, and creating the world of Elysium. All the promotional visuals for the series were designed by J.D.Netto, proving that he is not only a writer, but an innovative visual designer.
He was born in a really small town in Brazil and relocated to the U.S.A. at the age of 11.
J.D. grew up in Framingham, MA.
He plays keyboard and is also a songwriter.
He can wiggle his ears.
Started drawing at the age of three.
Guest Post: The Whispers of the Fallen Series Survival Guide
Please welcome author J. D. Netto with today's guest post.
Thick darkness covers the world of Elysium at the moment. You need to be really careful if you plan on exploring its perilous landscapes. Here are a few tips for you to make it out alive during your journey:
1) If there is an out-of-season thunderstorm that has lasted for almost a whole month, know that Fallen Stars are after you.
2) Do not ride to the fields of Agalmath during this storm, Cyro might be watching you.
3) Though Nephele is a very seductive Nephilin, do not sleep with her. You might become one of them. “Never whole, but still powerful.”
4) If you hear voices in the air, be careful! A Fallen Star might have sent Whispering Lights to find you.
5) Keep an eye out for Capios. Oh, wait. They can’t be seen! Which means that if they come after you, you will most likely die. I am sorry.
6) Do NOT try to climb your way to the top of the cliffs near the kingdom of Bellator.
7) If you spot an extremely good-looking abandoned child, be careful.
8) Lucifer is watching your every move. Please behave like an adult. That way, he might spare your life.
9) If you go hungry, try hunting deer. Their meat is soft and delicious. Unless you are like Demetre and can’t hunt for your life, then you will starve and die.
10) Protect the girls!
Can you share your idea of the perfect soundtrack to ‘Rebellion’ with us?
As many of you know, music always plays a big part during my writing process. Being a musician myself, I find that music helps me communicate the mood and atmosphere of the story. Below you will find a few songs that I believe capture the essence of Rebellion.
1) Seven Devils - Florence + the Machine
2) Oceans - Evanescence
3) Shattered - Trading Yesterday
4) Lost in the Echo - Linkin Park
5) Solemn Hour - Within Temptation
6) I Am - Music Inspired by The Story
7) Arctic - Sleeping at Last
8) Awake and Alive - Skillet
9) Going Under - Evanescence
10) Bones - MS MR
During the writing process of Rebellion, I listened to a lot of movie scores. Below you will find a few of the songs that inspired me the most!
1) Bones - MS MR
2) Warriors on the Beach - James Howard Newton
3) Age of Dragons - Audiomachine
4) Girion, Lord of Dale - Howard Shore
5) Elysium - Hans Zimmer
6) Captured and Tortured - Alexander Desplat
7) Death Hunt - Audiomachine
8) Here Comes the King - X-Ray Dog
9) The Wolf - Brian Reitzell
10) Requiem for a Dream - Clint Manssel