Suzi Stevens has tried hard to put her past behind her and move forward. The one man she yearns for over all others, believes her to be nothing but cold-hearted. Hearing that someone has tried to behead him, she shelves past prejudices and rushes to his side, needing to see for herself that he’s all right. What she doesn’t count on is Hawk’s demand to take her as his personal blood donor. Now forced to endure his company, she fears losing her heart for all eternity to the one person who has the power to crush her.
Release Date: May 27, 2014
“I didn’t come here to bring up old wounds.” “Then why are you here?" “Because I fooled myself into thinking I cared…” She stopped herself from saying about you. “I heard about Wheezer and Red Dot. I had to come to see if you were all right. I’m sorry now that I did. I should’ve let you wallow in your self-hatred.” He stared hard at her, enough so she wished she could read what was going on behind those black hypnotic eyes. She wasn’t sure if he wanted to leap the counter and strangle her, or kiss her senseless. Though she preferred the latter, Suzi knew the repercussions of those actions would crush her. Before she could stop him, he vaulted the bar effortlessly and now stood mere inches from her. She could smell Jack Daniel’s on him, that and his intoxicating musk. Her heart nearly leapt from her chest. Kaleb leaned in, his nose brushing the soft skin beneath her right ear, causing a flutter in her lower abdomen. His canines scraped across the delicate flesh, telling her he was a hairsbreadth away from biting her. “I find I’m ravenous.” “Your problem, not mine.” Suzi stiffened her spine, ready for him to do as he desired regardless of her wishes. “I didn’t come here to offer you nourishment.” His right arm snaked around her, keeping her from fleeing. The fingers of his free hand toyed with the glass vial. “You’re a donor. You offer me what I need.” “I can’t stop you from feeding.” “I hear a but in there.” “I’m retired.” Kaleb stood back, releasing Suzi to stare down at her. Then he chuckled. His mirth misplaced given the situation. “I don’t find that funny.” “No?” He raised one black brow. “I find that rich. Suzi Stevens who offered her blood up to any Son who asked.” Her brows drew together. “It’s what a donor does.” “Yes, their blood … but not always do they spread their thighs.” “I am so done here. Go fuck yourself, Hawk.” When she turned to leave, Kaleb gripped her wrist and spun her back into his hold so that her back nestled against the erection he didn’t try to conceal. She knew he might not like it, might even hate the idea, but he desired her. “I told you, I’m hungry,” he whispered. His warm breath passed over the shell of her ear. An ache settled between her thighs. She’d die first. “And I told you I retired myself.” “Then I just un-retired you.” And with that, he sank his fangs into the soft spot just beneath her ear.
* AMAZON US * BARNES & NOBLE *
* Author Fun Facts *
- I am a huge movie buff. I love to watch movies and my favorite are chick flicks. Those little romantic comedies with HEA endings. My husband says I always have a silly little grin on my face at the end of them. One of my favs: What’s Your Number?
- I love to camp. My husband and I have a camper and every weekend throughout the summer, we go to the campgrounds to kick back and relax, do a little boating, sit around the camp fire. I love the slow pace of life when we camp. It’s a great stress relief.
- My favorite food to eat out is Chinese. My husband doesn’t like it. So anytime I want to got to a Chinese Restaurant, it has to be a girls’ day out.
- I love coffee, but I usually stick to decaffeinated. One of my favorite places to go is Starbucks. I love their Caramel Macchiato. But I’m not too choosey … I love just about anything with coffee. As well as being a fan of unsweetened tea for me. I hate pop (soda—I’m from Ohio J ) and never drink it.
- I love music and seeing live concerts. I have been to many live shows. Anything from Bon Jovi, Poison, Jackal, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Slash, to the J Geils band, which was my first concert. I also love country and have seen Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Taylor Swift and more … looking forward to Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert and Jake Owens this summer. But one of my favs was David Garrett this past spring in Chicago. His music saw me through the writing of Hawk, so it was fitting to see him live when I completed the book.
A daydreamer at heart, suspense author, Patricia A. Rasey, resides in her native town in Northwest Ohio with her husband, Mark and her lovable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Todd. She has two adult sons she is extremely proud of and are actively making their own paths in life. At the age of twenty-nine, her boys both tucked away in school all day, she decided to put her creative writing studies to use. A graduate of Long Ridge Writer's School, Patricia has seen publication of some her short stories in magazines as well as several of her novels.Ms. Rasey is a three-time recipient of the Word Weaving Award for Literary Excellence and a three-time winner of the prestigious RIO Award Of Excellence. She is also a three-time EPPIE finalist and was a 2001 nominee for Romantic Times Magazine's Best Electronic Book. Additionally, Twilight Obsessions and Twilight Visions, two anthologies she was a part of, was nominated for the PEARL, the Paranormal Excellence Award in Romantic Literature, in the Best Anthology category. Her short story, In The Mind of Darkness won the P&E 2002 Horror short story category.When not behind her computer, you can find Patricia working, reading, watching movies or MMA. She is currently a third degree Black Belt in American Freestyle Karate.Ms. Rasey's work includes the novels...-- Deadly Obsession (currently not available). -- Kiss of Deceit. -- Facade. -- The Hour Before Dawn, sequel to the best-selling Deadly Obsession (currently not available). -- Eyes Of Betrayal, sequel to the best-selling Kiss Of Deceit. -- Love You to Pieces (not yet published). -- Lawfully Yours, her first historical romance. -- Eternally Yours, sequel to Lawfully yours. -- Dark Savior....As well as the novellas and award winning short story...-- Fear the Dark -- Sanitarium -- In the Mind of Darknes