Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Jade’s Peace by Melissa Stevens Interview

Jade’s Peace

Melissa Stevens


Blurb:
Steve left his hometown to avoid doing something he knew he would regret. Now, ten years later, the girl he left to avoid has come looking for him, but she's not a child anymore.

Jade has spent the last six years haunted by memories and nightmares. At a turning point in her life, she's tired of waiting for something to change. She tracks down the only person she's ever been drawn to, a man she hasn’t seen in more than ten years. But can she convince him that their differences don't matter, that together they can both find peace?

Back List Buy Links:
Robin's Nest:  AmazonB&NKoboSmashwords


Author Bio:


Melissa was born and raised in Arizona, she’s spent her entire life living across the southern half of the state. She’s found that, along with her husband and three children, she prefers the small towns and rural life to feeling packed into a city.

She started reading at a very young age, and her love for series started early, as the first real books she remembers reading is the Boxcar Children series by Gertrude Chandler Warner. Through the years she’s found that there’s little she won’t read, and her tastes vary from westerns, to romance, to sci-fi / fantasy and Horror.


Website  Facebook  Goodreads  Google+  Smashwords  Amazon  Shelfari  Twitter

Interview:


Please welcome author, Melissa Stevens, who has stopped by to answer some questions and share some details about her books.

What is your favorite part of the story, Jade's Peace? 

I'm not sure I have a favorite part per se, but I do love any time they shift and wander around in animal form, I love the change in perspective and senses, those are fun to write. 

How long did it take you to write Jade's Peace?  

About three months of actual writing, but I started it, then had to stop and go over edits of Hunt, and get it ready for publication, then I had to do the same with Robin's Nest, so total calendar time, it took me about ten months. 

If you were stranded on a desert island which of your characters do you want by your side? 

Do I get to pretend I'm not married? Devon is one of my all time heart throbs. 

If you could be best friends with one of your characters, who would it be? 

Jade. In some ways she's a lot like me, tough and willing to do what she has to to get by. 

What inspired you to write your first book? 

You're gonna laugh. It was an email about National Novel Writing Month. I got that email, read it and thought write 50,000 words in 30 days? That's insane. I threw the email away and went on with my life. Over the next week, the idea haunted me. It wouldn't leave me alone and I finally gave in, I knew I could do it. So I did... that was in 2009, and I've participated and won every year since. 

What is your favorite book that you wrote?

Jade's Peace, I'm not sure why, maybe simply because it's the most recent, but I like it the best. 

What books have most influenced your life? 

All of them. Seriously. I started reading “Adult novels” not like erotica, but things aimed at adults, like Dean Koontz and Anne McCaffrey when I was 9, and I take something away from each of them, whether it's a quality I want to keep in my life, an ideal I want to strive for, or something I want to avoid, to keep from becoming. 

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? 

Anne McCaffrey. She wrote a large variety of works and a huge collection of works, we lost something special when we lost her. 

What is your typical day like? 

Typical school day? I get up at quarter to six, get the kids ready for school and the old man ready for work and get them gone, by 8 they're gone and I can get something to eat, then I start working, I either crank up the music or start some movie I've seen a million times on my computer and work until something stops me. Appointments, picking kids up, whatever.  I have alarms set on my phone for all the regular things, picking kids up from school, etc. to remind me of what time it is and what I have to do, for the things that aren't regular, I have calendar alerts. (the school really frowns on it when you've been so lost in your work that while you know that school lets out at 1:55 on Mondays, you haven't realized that it's now 2:30) after the kids are home, we fix dinner and spend the evening with the family. During the summer or on school breaks I get the old man (yes, I call him that to his face, and yes, he answers to it) off to work, give the kids their chores, then put on my headphones with music or my movie to block out their noise (kids aren't babies anymore, they're big enough that I only have to worry about them killing each other while my back is turned.)

How do you overcome writer’s block? 

Switch projects, find a character whose willing to talk to you now. 

Can you share a little of your current work with us? 

I'm currently working on three different things. The sequel to Jade's Peace; the forth book in my Kitsune series; and a contemporary romance. 

What book are you reading now?

Jude's Law by Lori Foster

What do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebooks? 

Ebooks, I can fit hundreds of them in my pocket or purse, makes traveling for a few days much easier. 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me! Just thought I'd let you know, in celebration of the release of Jade's Peace, I've put the short story prequel, Escape, on sale FREE! You can find links to all the retailers here. http://melissastevens.us/books/white-mountain-chanat/escape/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...