Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Howl (Howl #1) by D.S. Wrights, Lilith Dark Review

Howl (Howl, #1)Howl by D.S. Wrights & Lilith Dark
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

D.S. Wrights and Lilith Dark created an amazing dark contemporary paranormal fantasy with Howl, the first book in the series of the same name. All Liala (Lia) wanted to do for her twenty-first birthday was go on a camping trip with her brother and father in remembrance her late mother. What she got was a nightmare and undisclosed truths about her heritage. Howl is suitable for mature audiences. The story takes place in Crescent Valley.

I like Lia. The story is told from her point of view. She is a tomboy. She is brave, observant, and loyal. She cares for others above herself. I felt bad that so many people were invited to her birthday celebration which she would have preferred to be a smaller outing with her immediate family. Lia discovers an entirely new world with werewolves and hunters that she did not know existed. She handles herself well considering the traumatic experience she, and the others end up facing.

Howl is a well-crafted story that is on the darker side. It is not for the faint of heart, and some things happen that could have triggering effects on some people. I enjoyed the plot and writing style. The novel felt original and was fast paced. The politics and dynamics of the story are transfixing. There are many unexpected twists and not knowing who can be trusted. I am glad I already have the second book, Hunt, so I can immediately start the story to find out what happens next. This is the first story I have read by the duo; I am thrilled to have discovered them. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 150 pages
Published October 31st 2016 by DarkSigyn Publishing
ASIN: B01KR7VA36
Edition Language: English
Series: Howl #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...