Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Angle Play (Venom #4) by V.L. Locey Review

Angle Play (Venom #4)Angle Play by V.L. Locey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

V.L. Locey adds another great story to the Venom series. Goalie, Stephanie Huschuk, is competing for the starting position on the Philadelphia Venom. She might jeopardize her chances because of her involvement with Professor Greg Blue Blanket, the twin brother of her goalie coach, Alice Dunlop. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

I was looking forward to reading Stephanie’s and Professor Blue Blanket’s story. There is no denying the couple has great chemistry. Greg is over twenty years older than Stephanie. Despite their age difference, the couple has a lot in common. They both grew up poor. They are both athletic. They like classical music. They enjoy the same movies. They are extremely compatible. That being said, they do have a number of obstacles they need to face.

I love that Stephanie sends video text to her brother, John, all the time. The two have a wonderful relationship. I like that Stephanie is good to her family.

The hockey aspect of the story was great. I love the goalie quirks. The game play was well described. I love that Veikko mentors Stephanie, and that he left her an inspirational note. I appreciate that Alice Dunlop was one of Stephanie’s idols growing up. That makes the situation in between them more interesting.

We discover a nicer side to Whitney in this book. I look forward to her story.

There was a choice in this story that Stephanie made that disappointed me. However, I understand her reasoning and respected her decision. I also, appreciated Greg and how he handles the situation. He is a good guy. I am impressed that V. L. Locey chose to write about this sensitive topic. Her stories are very realistic and compelling, dealing with real-world issues. ANGLE PLAY is a moving and heartfelt story that is worthy of the Venom series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 190 pages
Expected publication: January 18th 2017 by Gone Writing Publishing
Original Title: Angle Play (Venom #4)
ISBN: B01MT0YDK0
Edition Language: English
Other Editions: None found

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...